Arbortext 6.0M040 has been released!
Is it too late to call attention to the Arbortext 6.0M040 release?
This release has been available since late March, but we’ve only taken a look through the release notes. As always, we're impressed and excited to begin using the new release.
Here are some highlights for Arbortext Editor and Styler:
Resource Manager improvements
- Adds a new graphic preview and support for Favorites
- If you are using DITA, you already know the Resource Manager provides helpful tree navigation to help you organize topics, graphics, and more.
- The new preview helps you find the graphic file you are looking for right away.
- DITAVAL files are the standard method for performing conditional processing in DITA.
- This is a key compononent of the DITA standard and demonstrates PTC's commitment to expanding their support for this popular data standard.
- DITAVAL processing occurs before profiling in PCF files, but both may be used.
- Changes to the Modify Attributes dialog
- Element name is displayed
- Attributes listed in alphabetical order
- Required attributes are identified with an asterisk
- Multiple configuration options
- Integrations with PTC Support from the Help menu
- Intelligent graphics support for Creo View files
- Arbortext Editor includes an ActiveX control for Creo View Consumer, similar to Arbortext IsoView.
- Search on intelligent graphics inside the Arbortext Help Center for more details.
- Improved handling of duplicate IDswhen doing a paste
- Duplicate IDs within a document are handled better with a number of options
- New IDs can be generated when pasting
- Preview a Dynamic Document in Windchill without opening the object in Editor
Note: an update is required to take advantage of the new features!
- The new Stylesheet version will not work with earlier Arbortext software versions.
- Clients and servers must be on the same stylesheet version.
- Some APP source edits need to be reviewed against the release notes.
- Property set enhancements
- Property sets can now be differentiated for output type.
- Property sets can be used to produce generated text, at last!
- Usability enhancements
- Search your stylesheet for specific property and value pair occurrences.
- List Elements not in the current doctype.
- List Only Elements in the current doctype.
- The HTML5 tag set is available as an output type
Like any new Arbortext release, be sure to do your homework
- Review the release notes for any bug fixes that impact your project.
- Note any changes you must make to account for new features (e.g. update those stylesheets).
- Download, install, and test the new release in an isolated development environment.
- Summarize the release changes to your project stakeholders and set up a deployment plan!
You can download this maintenance release here: http://support.ptc.com
Log in with your PTC User ID and select "Order or Download Software Updates".
The full release notes are available here:
Let us Train You!
For information about TerraXML's comprehensive Arbortext Training: